South Africa is open for travel!
Open spaces | Diverse culture | Best Big-5 sightings | Rich History
Pack away the road maps, roll down your window and feel the fresh air of South Africa blow through your hair. Allow our experienced guide to navigate the highways and byways of our Rainbow Nation, from the Lowveld of Johannesburg to the coast of Cape Town. Covering 4750km of game parks, rolling hills, beautiful beaches, forests and spectacular rock formations, our 20-day private guided tour captivates the best South Africa has to offer.
Since 01 October 2020, South Africa re-opened its international borders to foreign nationals for the purpose of leisure and business and we have made it easier for you to just arrive. From vehicle, accommodation, guide, activities and even where to eat, we have packaged it all for you. But before we can talk about your 20-day itinerary, let’s cover a few of the basic rules & regulations that you will need to adhere to;
What’s required for entry into South Africa;
– Valid passport and airline ticket
– Visa to enter (if applicable)
– Negative PCR or Covid-19 test certification not older than 72 hours from departure of original
– All travellers must wear masks at all times within the airport or port of entry. Children below six years old do not need to wear face masks in public spaces.
– Completed digital Travel Health Questionnaire regarding your travel history
– Upon arrival in the port of entry, the traveller will be screened for any COVID-19 symptoms or for contact with people who have been infected with the COVID-19 virus
– Travellers will need to provide proof of accommodation address should they need to self-quarantine at the time of arrival in the country
– Travellers are encouraged to install the COVID Alert SA mobile app.
Should the traveller display any COVID-19–related symptoms or been in contact with an infected person(s), they will be expected to take a mandatory COVID-19 test. This test will be at the traveller’s cost. If the COVID-19 test comes back positive, the traveller will be subjected to a 10-day quarantine at a designated site. The accommodation at a quarantine site will be at the traveller’s cost.
What’s required from YOU: Important to remember when travelling in and around South Africa;
South Africa is currently placed under Adjusted Level 3 Lockdown and it is important for locals and tourists alike to be
aware of the rules and regulations to avoid an unpleasant encounter with law enforcement.
– Mandatory wearing of face masks when in public
– Regular use of sanitizer and washing of hands is required
– Adhering to social distancing of at least 1.5m when in public spaces
– National wide curfew is in place from 9pm to 5am daily
– All land ports of entry are currently closed and no travel will be permitted by any neighbouring countries
– All indoor and outdoor gatherings are prohibited (with the exception of restaurants and museums)
– The sale of alcohol from retain outlets and on-site consumption of alcohol is prohibited
– All beaches, dams, lakes, rivers (in hotspot areas) remain closed
– Non-essential establishments – including shops, restaurants, bars and cultural venues must close at 8pm
– International and domestic air travel is permitted
What’s required from US: What will we do to make your visit comfortable;
The TBCSA (Tourism Business Council of South Africa) has establish the tourism industry standard protocols for covid-19 operations, which we have adopted here at Nomad Tours & Safaris. Read more about these protocols here.
Why book our 20-day private guided tour?
Kruger National Park | Hluhluwe-Imfolozi Game Reserve | iSimangaliso Wetland Park | Dranksberg | Wild Coast |
Addo Elephant National Park | Garden Route
Experience the thrill of being on safari, observing the big five in the largest game reserve in South Africa. Allow the sights of the Panorama route to delight you before continuing your game viewing experience in Hluhulwe-Imfolozi Game Reserve. After a relaxing day at the beach in Durban we roll through the open plains of the Karoo and the wildlife charms of the Addo National Park. We continue with our tour to the Garden Route, a treasure trove of beautiful beaches, forest walks and with an exciting menu of optional adventures. Before we arrive in Cape Town we visit the Cango Caves in Oudtshoorn.
From R56,550 per person sharing (±USD3,700pp/EUR3,000pp)
Min 2 Guests | One Country | Flexible Departure Dates | Private Guided
– We stay within the borders of South Africa – you only need one PCR test
– Your guide will meet & greet you at the OR Tambo International
– Your guide will be in possession of his/her own PCR test when meeting you
– Minimum 2 guests
– Flexible departure dates – you choose what date you want to travel
– We take care of the vehicle, accommodation and activities which is all included in your itinerary
– 20-days | one country | 4750km | 13 unique overnight locations
– Your guide will keep you up to date covid rules & regulations during your 20-day tour
DOWNLOAD the full 20-day tour itinerary
Talk to us. If you are interested to book this tour, please complete your details and one of our consultants will be in contact with you.