Nomad’s custom built and designed adventure trucks are fully stocked before every tour. Jam packed with everything from tents and chairs to bats and balls, the vehicle is made ready for epic adventure.
Within the parts of the truck that are accessible to guests while the truck is in motion we have:
- A selection of books for you to delve into to while away your time on the road
- Individual lockers where you can store your backpack or duffel bag – it’s a great advantage to have these close at hand for when you need them.
- A 98 litre cooler box is at your daily disposal. Keep it stocked with ice and pop your daily drinks into it stay refreshed and hydrated.
- There is a table at the front of the truck for those of you who would like to play a board game or have a game of cards.
- There are also charging facilities on the truck however we recommend that you only make use of these facilities while the truck is plugged into a land supply at a camp site due to variable currents and potential damage to your equipment.
- There are fridges on all trucks and these are used by the cook to ensure that the food that he has catered for you stays fresh and cold.
- Overhead shelving can be used to store items that you’d like super quick access to.
Within the body of the truck that is closed up during your time on the road we have:
- Canvas camping chairs to set up around the fireside where you can regale your tour stories of the day gone by.
- We provide trestle tables and table cloths for you to enjoy your dinner around in the evening.
- 2.5 x 2.5 meter canvas tents. These tents are custom made from the finest quality canvas available on the market as they have to withstand being erected daily. As you can imagine, while you are camping, you are sometimes exposed to wind and rain. If you do not enjoy getting wet, please be very sure to check the seasons that you are travelling in and perhaps consider amending your travel date or opt for an accommodated tour option (the Garden Route in Winter). While canvas tents are highly water resistant, when they get packed up wet, they generally tend to stay wet for a while. In the majority of cases you will have the option to upgrade to accommodation on tour if you feel that you’d prefer to be 100% dry all the time.
- Foam mattresses will keep you comfortable at night when you’re getting your well deserved beauty sleep.
- Kettles, pots, pans, crockery, cutlery and everything including the kitchen sink! We also carry gas burners to prepare our meals as well as braai / bbq equipment for the fire.
- There are a selection of bats and balls, Frisbees and other toys to keep you entertained.
- We also carry all safety equipment for example first aid kits, fire extinguishers, 200 litre water tank for emergencies and tyre changing equipment.